Saturday, November 15, 2008

Expecting the Unexpected

Travel isn't all glamour and high living, great food and warm beds. I currently have bug bites all over my body from a bad bed. My camera was recently taken and so my picture taking days are over, though obviously I'll find some way to take pictures. I won't dwell on this point because it is deeply upsetting. I was luckily able to upload at least most of my pictures to my computer and online.

And while I currently find myself in Mendoza, AR, in the western part of the country, I'm headed back to Buenos Aires and then to Mar del Plata for the Davis Cup final to help out with Tennis.com's Davis Cup coverage, unless something goes wrong between now and then. While my circuitous route around the country is insane and illogical -- I was just in the south, then I took a flight to Salta, in the north and now am headed back cross-country -- it's obviously an opportunity that makes it all worth it.

I've been in Mendoza the last couple days mostly "working" -- helping out with a small travel mag called Get South and it's been nice to just relax and handle some easy writing and editing assignments.

More on the Davis Cup later. Sorry I likely wont be able to post pics...

1 comment:

Betwixt and Between said...

Sorry about the bed bugs and the camera thief, buddy. I hope you were able to save some pics of Iguazu Falls; the place sounds amazing. It sounds like you've been having quite the time eating local delicacies and schmoozing with fellow world travellers.
I have to stand up for my Red, White and Blue here and say that Europeans travel more because they're exposed to vastly different cultures that are only a country away. It's only a 7.5-hour car ride from Paris to Munich, for example. You can't get that in the States.
Keep on livin' it up and writing about it! You have at least one avid reader from Charlottesville, Va.